We are so excited to announce that the contract to design, build and manage the new leisure centre has been awarded to Parkwood Leisure Ltd.
Construction is expected to begin in Spring 2020 and be completed by Autumn 2022.
The design of the new centre will include:
- 25m eight-lane pool and 20m four-lane learner pool, both with movable floors, spectator seating and competition timing system
- sports hall with four courts, suitable for various sports
- a large gym
- three exercise studios, two with virtual technology
- Devon’s first endless ski slope for indoor skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing
- indoor soft play and outdoor play area,
- a new reception area and cafe serving both the leisure and tennis centre with a view of the pools, ski area, sports hall and play areas
Parkwood will be sub-contracting the contract to its subsiduary company, Lex Leisure.
The new leisure contract is also good news for Ilfracombe as the existing swimming pool and fitness centre are included in the 20 year operating contract.